Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Babies


Seeing the pictures of Nelleke's sweet new baby online, I remember how nice it was to hold a baby that small. Josiah looks so precious - now that I've had one, I am so aware, with every new baby, what a huge blessing they are from God. What a great thing to give us!
As my baby grows older, God's goodness to us remains obvious. There are lots of times when her behaviour reminds me of the facts of original sin, but grace comes to mind even more often. I love babies.
(Especially my own!)

A few things that make me smile, this week:
- The way she stands up in her crib, her chubby legs shaking with the effort, grinning at me, so excited to be standing.
- The word she says right now: "UpUpUp," which means, basically, "UpUpUp."
- The sign she does for "Daddy;" mainly when I put her in bed, as a method of staying up,
or when I begin to change her....

'Change.' she signs; 'Daddy.' I smile encouragingly. She signs it again. 'Change. Daddy. Change.'

"Oh, Honey," I say to Kevin, "She wants you to do it." So he does.

Best thing I ever did, teaching her sign language.

3 comments:

  1. I love babies too, and LOL for sign language, she is a smart cookie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should teach Lincoln that one. I doubt that it would work though. Wesley doesn't seem to enjoy changing babies. :) In other news... Elizabeth has spent the last two days without peeing in her underwear, despite being out (in Fredericton shopping etc) all day today. I'm proud of her.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And I'm impressed when Simon signs 'more.' (And that's hit & miss.) Fun times!

    ReplyDelete