Ever since then, I've wanted to do one myself. "Rules for Moms to Live By," I call it. With a nod to Millie.
1. Wear hats. Even if you drive a mom van, you're still you.
2. Think before you buy clothing. Take a little exploratory jaunt to the mall to see what people are wearing these days. Yes, I know. You haven't been there since you were a teenager. It's okay. This is research.
4. Let them help.
4. Read good books.
5. Wear dresses. They still fit when you gain and lose 2 sizes the same month.
6. Never be too busy to snuggle with your husband.
7. Try new recipes, but only sometimes.
8. Play with your kids.
9. Never forget when naptime is.
10. Never give up.
11. Be compassionate to your kids. Think about how God parents you.
12. Laugh often. If it's going to be funny in a few years, it's funny now. Get over yourself and let the giggles out.